Peach and Nectarine season is probably my favorite season of all the produce! These English muffin tarts are perfect for a quick, easy breakfast!
- 3 medium ripe peaches (or nectarines), peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. Peach preserves (I’ve also used orange marmalade)
- 1 tsp. Lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. Minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 6 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1 carton (8oz) mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. Let stand for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spread cut sides of English muffins with mascarpone cheese.
- Drain peaches, reserving any liquid.
- Arrange peaches over muffins; brush with some of the reserved liquid. Place on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and place in oven. Broil 3-4 inches from the heat until caramelized and bubbly, 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with mint and enjoy!!