A great twist on the classic strawberry salad. Pickling the onions makes it so you can enjoy the salad and not have strong onion breath! Very fresh and exploding with exciting flavors!
- 1 large red onion
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (white balsamic vinegar if you want the onions to have a lighter color)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 5 oz baby arugula
- 5 oz baby spinach
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted pistachios
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cut onion in half lengthwise and thinly slice into half-moons.
- In a medium bowl stir together vinegar, sugar and 1/2 tsp salt. Add sliced onions and stir to combine. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, on a platter or salad plates arrange layer on greens. Top with strawberries, feta, pickled onions, and pistachios.
- Stir olive oil into pickling liquid; drizzle over salad and enjoy! Best of eaten same day.