I made these for a family party over the 4th of July and they were the first dessert gone on the table! Abountifulkitchen.com places a larger marshmallow on top with a piece of Hershey bars over it. I didn’t have those supplies and so I just added a few extra mini mallows once I got them out of the oven!!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup Golden Grahams cereal
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2-3 regular size Hershey Bars
- 9 large marshmallows sliced in half widthwise (scissors work well)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream butter with sugars in a stand mixer or a bowl using a hand mixer. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Beat on medium speed until mixed well and there are no visible lumps of butter. Turn off mixer.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips to mixing bowl. Pulse mixer by turning off and on quickly, just until dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Fold in Golden Grahams and mini marshmallows with spatula, do not use mixer. (It will break the cereal) Fold just until evenly distributed into batter.
- With large cookie scoop, or spoon, shape dough and place on parchment lined cookies sheets
- Bake for about 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Place one half of a large marshmallow on each cookie, put back in oven and bake for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven again, slightly flatten if needed, and place 1-2 rectangles from a Hershey bar on top of marshmallow.
- Cook for an additional minute.
- Remove from oven (for the last time), with a knife, spread the melted chocolate so it covers the marshmallow, or leave the chocolate without spreading if you like “HERSHEY’S” showing!
Since I didn’t have the chocolate bar and large marshmallows, I just skipped those steps and allowed the cookies to bake for 9-11 minutes. Then once out of the oven I pushed mini marshmallows and additional chocolate chips on top!