How many tomato and basil plants can a person have in their garden before they are considered insane? Because I’m pretty sure that if I could I would have an entire garden just for bruschetta. These chicken sandwiches make the perfect dinner.
- Chicken breasts, chopped
- 3-4 Tomatoes, diced
- Basil (one package or about 12-15 leaves)
- Parmesan cheese
- French baguettes
- Balsamic glaze (found in most grocery stores)
- Cook chicken in a skillet with olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. If not already, dive into small bite size pieces and set aside.
- Cut baguettes in half and then slice open and lay on baking pan.
- Spread softened butter over bread.
- Place chicken on top of the bread and cover with shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Broil in oven until the cheese has a nice golden color. Take out and side aside.
- Slice basil into small pieces and add to tomatoes with salt. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle tomatoes/basil over the bread and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve warm.