Who doesn’t love Taco Bell?? My dad and brother are HUGE fans especially of the bean burritos. But I’m more of a Crunchwrap girl myself. This tastes pretty much identical except for the nacho cheese sauce…that’s the only thing I don’t like. So I finally made up my own sauce and man it’s delicious!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 6 burrito size flour tortillas
- 6 tostada shells
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 diced tomato
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- Cheese sauce: 3 tbs butter, 1 tbs flour, cream, 4 oz cheddar cheese
- In a skillet or large cooking pan, cook and crumble the ground beef over medium-high heat. When it is no longer pink, drain the grease.
- Place meat back into the pan and stir the taco seasoning mix as well as the water it calls for on the packet. Cook according to the package instructions.
- In a smaller sauce pan, add butter. When melted, add flour and whisk until smooth. Slowly add cream/milk until it is slightly thicken and all smooth. Add shredded cheddar cheese. Allow to melt and whisk until smooth. Take off heat.
- Place the flour tortillas on a plate and warm in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Lay one tortilla on a flat surface. Spread a couple of tablespoons of nacho cheese in the middle of the tortilla.
- Place ½ cup of taco meat on top of the nacho cheese.
- Next, add the tostada shell, a thin layer of sour cream, lettuce, tomato, and lastly, the shredded Mexican cheese.
- To fold into the actual crunchwrap, start with the bottom of the tortilla and fold the edge up to the center of the fillings. Keep doing that, folding as tight as possible, as you work your way around the tortilla. (I found that I always had a small hole in the middle. And so I would tear off a piece of another tortilla and lay it in the middle on top of the cheese and then start folding around it.)
- Spray another skillet or cooking pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Place the crunchwrap supreme, seam-side down, onto the skillet. Cook for 2-3 min., or until golden brown. (It’s always easiest if you lay a spatula on top of the folds, flip and then slide it off, fold side down onto the pan.)
- Flip over and cook the other side for another 2-3 min or until golden brown.
- Cook the rest of your crunchwraps and eat immediately.