Are you a zucchini fan? I love it but my husband isn’t a huge fan of it as a side dish. So since you always have way to much zucchini than you know what to do with, I found the best bread recipe out there!!
Growing up my mom would always make Zucchini Bread and we would eat it with a slice of cheddar cheese….yum!!
- 1 pound zucchini (you’ll end up with about 1 to 1 1/2 cups of zucchini after shredding and wringing dry)
- 2 cups flour (I like to mix whole wheat and white flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice (this really takes it to the next level!)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Generously coat muffin tins.
- Chop the ends off the zucchini (just 1/4-inch off each end) and finely shred the zucchini, peel and all. Place the shredded zucchini in a clean kitchen towel (or double paper towel), wrap the towel, and wring the ends to squeeze out all the excess water. You should have about 1 1/2 cups of dry zucchini. Set the zucchini aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, and salt. In a smaller bowl, whisk the sugar, eggs, lemon juice, sour cream, and butter until combined.
- Gently fold the yogurt mixture and zucchini into the dry ingredients, using a rubber spatula to fold the ingredients together until just combined – don’t overmix! Transfer the batter to the prepared tins.
- Bake until golden brown and 18-20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes then turn out into wire rack to cool. Store well-covered for up to three days.