Last summer when I was pregnant all I wanted to eat was bruschetta. In fact one week my husband went to see his family and I think I had it for lunch and dinner every day! Haha it’s probably my only true craving with both pregnancies. That being said, you can make it one of two ways…. following a recipe or just wing it and doing taste tests along the way. I won’t judge you… because I do both depending on how lazy I am! Haha
So if you are lazy and just want to throw it together you will need
- Tomatoes- Romas are perfect for this because they aren’t too juicy
- Fresh mozzarella- I like to get the small pearls and cut them in half if you are doing a dip. You can also get a large roll of mozzarella and slice it into big circles and layer the tomatoes and basil on top (caprese salad).
- Balsamic glaze
- Salt and pepper
Here are a few things I have found that make this an easy and quick appetizer or snack!
Here is an actual recipe of you want to follow that. It calls for Parmesan cheese instead of the normal mozzarella but is super tasty!
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (I use the kind in a jar)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups minced roma tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the tomatoes, garlic, basil, vinegar, olive oil, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly and let sit for at least 15 minutes at room temperature to let the flavors marinate.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the Stacys chips and enjoy!