We were given two huge books full of several Curious George stories in them. Will LOVES them and especially the story when George makes blueberry pancakes. After the first time he read it, he asked for pancakes everyday for breakfast. This recipe is perfect for all pancake lovers.
Growing up I always sprinkled the blueberries on after I had poured the batter, but this time I mixed them into the batter. And that’s made all the difference! It covered the blueberries enough with batter so that they wouldn’t explode all over the griddle.
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup +2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg large
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or mild olive oil
- ½ cup blueberries
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix.
- Add all the wet ingredients except the blueberries and mix.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour over a preheated griddle. Flip when bubbles have formed. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Enjoy with syrup, whipped cream and fresh fruit!