So once upon a time we honeymooned in Maui and I ordered every single thing I could find that included macadamia nuts. Like every. single. thing….which caused pretty much an overdose on the darn things and I haven’t liked them since! Haha once in a rare rare blue moon I’ll eat one or two but then quickly remember the overdose and choose to eat something else.
With that being said, these cookies take me straight back to all the good tastes in Hawaii! These cookies have shot straight up to my number one on the list and I think I’ve eaten half the batch within the last two days…haha the coconut mixed with the white chocolate is straight from heaven!
- 1 cup Butter (softened)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Coconut extract
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups White Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar for at least 4 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla and coconut extract.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix just until combined. Stir in white chocolate chips and coconut flakes.
- Drop onto parchment paper lined baking sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the edges start to become a light golden color. Don’t overbake! Let rest for 5 minutes on baking sheet before removing.