It seems like life finally starts slowing down around Valentine’s Day after all the crazy holidays. I always have good intentions on taking around Christmas goodies to our friends but then life is too busy and so it never happens. But I love making a treat for all of our friends and delivering it with my son. I think it’s important to teach them at a young age the importance of giving. This is the perfect treat to make with young kids because they can help at every step of the way!
- 9 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 butter
- 1 1/2 cup (plus extra if needed) powdered sugar
- Candy corn
- Jelly beans
- Chocolate chips
- Conversation hearts
- Anything candy you want!!
- Put cereal in a large bowl. Add powdered sugar to gallon bags and set both aside.
- Add peanut butter, while chocolate chips, and butter to a microwave safe bowl. Melt in 30 seconds increments until smooth and runny.
- Pour over cereal and stir until all is coated.
- Once coated, pour cereal into gallon bags with powdered sugar. (I like to divide it in half so that it’s easier to shake).
- Shake until all pieces are coated with the powdered sugar. (If needed add more powdered sugar until all have some and are white).
- Pour out of bag into the large bowl and add the extra mix ins.
- Divide into gift bags or enjoy it for yourself!!