Cookies with oatmeal in them are my weak spot! I feel like it gives the cookie so much depth and makes it 10000x better than any normal cookie! These are the perfect SOFT peanut butter cookie. Not to dry, not crumbly, just perfect!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (1 stick)
- heaping 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg + 1 yolk
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup ground oats
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- To a large, microwave-safe bowl add the butter, peanut butter, and heat on high power to melt, about 1 minute. Stop to check and stir. Heat in 15-second increments until mixture can be stirred smooth
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg and yolk so you don’t scramble them. Add the egg, sugars, vanilla, and whisk until combined. It’s okay if mixture is slightly granular.
- Add the oats and stir to combine.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and stir to combine; don’t overmix. Dough is fairly thick.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir to incorporate.
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with a spray with cooking spray. Scoop dough into balls and place on baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart and bake for about 11 to 12 minutes, or until edges have set and tops are just set, even if slightly undercooked, pale, and glossy in the center; don’t overbake. Cookies firm up as they cool. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Cookies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months.