Triple Chocolate Cookie
My sister gave me this recipe during the holidays and man it is a good one! Haha good thing I’m not cutting out sugar for my new year goals because I think I’m going to whip up a batch of these today!
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (you can substitute 1/4 cup special dark powder)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips or milk
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and mix just until combined. Add the chocolate chips and then refrigerate the dough for 15-20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop the dough onto the pan using a large cookie scoop (or about 2 Tablespoons). Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are slightly crisp, yet soft in the middle