This is a perfect dinner for a cold winters night. I added a little bit more milk than it called for and made it into a soup! Delish!!
- 1 lb mild ground sausage
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 (15oz) can tomatoes diced (Italian flavored if possible)
- 3/4 cup cream or milk (if making a soup add 1-3 cups until desired consistency)
- 1 (16oz) pkg gnocchi (I like to cut mine in half or buy the mini version, so they aren’t so huge when cooked)
- 2-3 cups spinach, chopped
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In skillet over medium high heat add your sausage, onion, garlic and seasonings and saute until browned.
- Add in your tomatoes, creamy, gnocchi and spinach and heat until gnocchi is cooked, spinach is wilted and some of the cream has reduced (about 8-10 minutes).
- Stir in your shredded mozzarella cheese until melted.
- Top with more cheese if desired.