My mother-in-law is an amazing cook! I definitely won in that area because every time I eat at her house it’s absolutely scrumptious!
When Mr. W and I were dating we passed by their house on the way to Lake Powell. We stopped in to say hello and Penny gave me a batch of this granola to take on the road. I thought it was kinda random but took it graciously. O my goodness I didn’t realize then that she was handing me a pot of gold!! I never was a granola fan until Penny’s granola. Everyone who tries it becomes an addict instantly!
- 2 1/2 cup Rice Krispies
- 2 1/2 cup Oats (I’ve used both quick and old fashioned)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup craisins
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flake
- 1-2 tsp vanilla
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix together all dry ingredients
- Add vanilla and mix
- Slowly pour sweetened condensed milk over the mixture while stirring
- Spread out on a greased cookie sheet and put in oven
- (Bake times vary on how you like granola) chewy/soft granola: 9-11 minutes or firm/toasted: 15-18 minutes. I prefer a more toasted granola and so I bake it for 11 minutes and then stir/flip it on the pan and then bake it until it is a brown color.
- Store in gallon size bags