Aka apple goodness that you will put on EVERYTHING or just eat it straight out of the jar!! I love apples and all the fun things you can make out of them! For me this apple butter takes the cake. I always thought it was some super intense process in making it and that you need special canning equipment, so I never tried. But come to find out, all you need is an Instant Pot or slow cooker and a blender!! Say what?! Yep! It’s that easy!! The best part is that you don’t even have to peel the apples! Simply cut around the core and throw it in the pot!! Just in case you need another reason to love it, it’s about 1/2 the calories of jam! Boooyaaa!! So if you ever come to my house you better believe that you will find some delicious homemade apple butter in my fridge!!
- 4 lbs apples
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 TBS brown sugar
- Dash of salt
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- Wash apples, cut apples into fourths (remove the core), place in instant pot (DON’T PEEL THE APPLES)
- Add water, spices, brown sugar and salt
- Close lid and seal
- Cook on Manual/High for 15 minutes. Allow to Natural Release for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, if still not at normal pressure, do a Quick Release of pressure.
- Pour in the lemon juice.
- If you have an immersion blender you can began to blend up the apples right in the pot.
- If not, carefully put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- If the mixture seems too watery/runny, you can put in back the Instant Pot on the sauté setting and allow some of the water to evaporate. Make sure to stir the whole time so that it doesn’t burn.
- Spoon into jars. It will last up to 2 weeks in the fridge or in the freezer until ready to use.
Make about 2-3 pints
Enjoy over toast, waffles, pancakes, oatmeal, as a dip or in recipes that call for applesauce.
*SLOW COOKER – You can do the same steps except you will need to cook it in the slow cooker on low for 6-8 hrs.