So I have a sister who is OBSESSED with pumpkin! Obviously pumpkin pie is her favorite but she lives for ALL THINGS pumpkin. Whenever I need a good pumpkin recipe, she is my go to. These pumpkin cookies did not let me down. They are so soft and the perfect combination of sweet yet full of spice. Then the cream cheese frosting makes it seem like you are eating a pumpkin roll in cookie form.
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Canned Pumpkin
- 2 Large Eggs
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Ginger
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 batch of cream cheese frosting (see cinnamon roll recipes for ingredients)
- In a mixer cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and pumpkin and mix well.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and spices together and fold into cookie batter.
- Mix until well blended.
- Drop a spoonful of the cookie batter onto a cookie sheet and flatten slightly with a spoon.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over the frosting.