So like I’ve said before, most of my recipes come from my sisters. We are constantly sharing recipes and ideas with each other. When my sister shared this recipe from her mother in law and all of us made it multiple times within a few weeks, I knew it was a winner!!
The marinade makes the chicken taste absolutely delicious! Make sure to pour any extra you have over the enchiladas because you will want to save every last drop. Then adding cream to the enchilada sauce….yummmm! Everything is better with a little cream in the recipe!
- 6 TBS honey
- 5 TBS lime juice
- 2-3 teaspoons chili powder (depending if you want spicy)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb chicken, cooked and shredded
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- 1 lb (or more of you are like my family and love the cheese) Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- 16 oz green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream (option: you can use more of the cream or enchilada sauce depending on how covered you like your enchiladas)
- Whisk together the marinade and mix with shredded chicken. Allow to sit for 30 minutes or longer.
- Pour about 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan.
- Fill tortillas with chicken and sprinkle with cheese. (Save some cheese for the top when finished) Place rolled tortillas in the pan.
- Mix remaining enchilada sauce, cream and any leftover marinade (if there is any) together and pour over the rolled tortillas.
- Sprinkle with cheese and place in oven.
- Bake 350 for 30 minutes or until the top is brown.