Ok if you never have tried a buttermilk syrup it is HEAVENLY!!!!! Seriously you will never use another syrup again in your life! We like to do a coconut flavor but also have done just normally vanilla. It last forever in your fridge and makes any pancake/waffle/crepe/French toast/German pancake day fantastic!!!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 TBS Karo syrup
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons extract (coconut or vanilla)
- Add butter, sugar, buttermilk and karo syrup to a LARGE pot on the stove. (You will want it large because it bubbles up almost 2-3x times when done)
- Bring to a boil and allow to boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Take off heat and add baking soda and extract. Stir constantly until completely mixed together and bubbles stop rising up the pot.
- Serve over breakfast items!! And try not to eat it all! It will last in the fridge for weeks. (Sometimes it separates a little bit in the fridge and that’s ok. Just give it a good stir before you warm up the leftovers)