Every year for my birthday I request a Lemon Bundt cake. I love how moist it is and the beautiful shape. This year for our anniversary I requested a Pink Lemonade Cake based off of my favorite Children’s book “Seven Silly Eaters”. Mrs. Peters is a loving mother who does her best for her children even if she losses her mind every now and then. Well her kids make a surprise cake for her and I’ve always wanted to recreate it.
So we added pink lemonade mix instead of plain water and a bit of pink food coloring for this recipe. But other than that it’s my classic lemon Bundt cake recipe. It turns out perfect every time!!
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 package lemon instant pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup water (according to directions on cake mix)
- LEMON GLAZE
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
1. Mix together ingredients for cake and pour into a greased Bundt cake pan.
2. Bake according to directions on cake box. (Normally 350 for 40-45 minutes)
3. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then flip upside down onto cooling rack.
4. Combine all ingredients for glaze. Drizzle over cake.
5. Serve with strawberries and whipped cream.