This Mexican rice is the easiest recipe because it’s all done in the instant pot! Trav loves his Mexican food and I have never been able to make the right texture of rice until this recipe!! It’s truly the best and turns out perfect every time.
- 2 T vegetable or olive oil
- 2 cups long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 2 (8-oz) cans tomato sauce OR 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce and 1 (8oz) ROTEL or salsa
- 2 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 TBS tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp fresh minced garlic
- Add oil to instant pot and press Saute setting. Saute rice, stirring constantly, for several minutes until rice starts turning golden brown.
- Gently pour in water and the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
- Lock lid and select Manual at High Pressure. Set timer for 4 minutes. Once beep sounds, turn off pressure cooker. Naturally release pressure for 10 minutes followed by a quick release. Remove lid when valve drops.
- Fluff rice and let sit 5 minutes before serving.