- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1½ Cups Milk
- 1⅛ Cup Canola Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1½ Teaspoons Salt
- 1½ Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1½ Tablespoons Poppy Seeds
- Zest of 1-2 oranges (I always do 1.5 oranges and save the rest of the zest for the glaze at the end)
- 1 1/2 Cups Cranberries
- Zest of the remaining orange
- Powdered Sugar
- Milk or cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 2 bread pans with PAM
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, beat the eggs, sugar, milk, and oil until combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder and poppy seeds.
- Add to the wet ingredients and mix until everything is incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Add the orange zest and cranberries and gently fold using a rubber spatula.
- Pour evenly between pans, and bake for 55-60 minutes.
- To make the glaze: add the zest and powdered sugar to a bowl. I normally add around 1-2 cups and then slowly add the milk (2-3 tbs) until it was the right consistency. You want it runny but not to thin or it will just go right off the bread.
- Allow to cool slightly and pour glaze over bread if desired
Tip for the glaze- I like to pour my glaze over the bread while on the cooking racks. I place it above my sink for easy clean up of all the drips!