I love making muffins for breakfast. You can have so many different combinations. I always like to add extra add-ins because no one likes a boring muffin! My favorite are these Apple Cranberry Carrot muffins. They are pretty dense because of all the apples and carrots. So if you are looking for a light and fluffy muffin, these aren’t the ones you want. But if you want nutrient rich muffins, turn on your oven and start baking!!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 apple, grated (and peeled if you desire, I always keep the peel on)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup oats
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a 12-tin muffin tray with cooking spray.
- Using a mixer beat the eggs, sugars, oil, and vanilla making sure there are no lumps from the brown sugar.
- Slowly add in the flour, oats salt, baking soda and baking powder until well mixed.
- Add in the dried cranberries, grated apple and grated carrots until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into greased muffin tin. I like to sprinkle a little bit of coarse sugar on top. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Allow the muffins to cool before removing them from the tins.