These are the best ever Rice Krispies! We’ve all had Rice Krispies that can break off your teeth because they are so hard and dry. Horrible! But these are oooey and gooey and soft and perfection!
- DON’T use stale marshmallows! If the marshmallows are hard to start off, then the Rice Krispies will be rock hard.
- Heat the butter WITH the marshmallows. If you melt the butter and it gets too hot, it will make the Rice Krispies hard.
- Use PAM or water on your hands to push them into the pan.
- 5 Tablespoons salted butter
- 16-20 oz bag mini marshmallows (save some for after)
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal (about 1/2 a box)
- Spray a 9×13″ pan with PAM. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat and add marshmallows. Once they are almost melted, stir in the rice krispies cereal and remaining mini marshmallows. Mix until completely coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Add mixture to baking dish and press down with a spoon coated in butter or wax paper to compact and level out surface.
- Let cool before cutting. I find using a plastic knife to cut them works best.