Lemon Poppyseed muffins
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Zest, (zest from two lemons)
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
- 4 tablespoons Lemon Juice, (juice from two lemons)
- 2 large Eggs
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract (or almond extract if you want it to taste like a store bought muffin)
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Poppy Seeds
- Coarse Sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick spray, or line it with paper liners and set aside.
- In the bowl, combine the sugar and lemon zest.
- Add the lemon juice, eggs, melted butter, and oil and mix until well combined.
- Add the milk and vanilla and mix again.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and poppyseeds.
- Make a well in the flour mixture, pour in the liquid mixture, and stir until just combined.
- Scoop the muffin batter into the prepared muffin tin, dividing it between the 12 muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the tops with coarse if desired.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then lower the oven temperature to 350°F and continue baking for 14-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 5-10 minutes in the muffin tin, and then remove them to a wire rack to cool completely.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: