Have you ever been known for a recipe before? I have a few that I can claim to my name and this Pepper Frito Salad is one of them! Ah the crunch of the peppers, smoothness of the beans and the flavor of the Fritos brings to life the best summer salad ever!!! This is the perfect side dish for all of your summer gatherings. Since it takes about 5 minutes to throw together and can easily be eaten for leftovers, it will quickly become one of your favorites!!
- 4-5 Peppers- ( 2 green, 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 orange), diced
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 2 stalks green onions, diced
- 1/2 cup mayo
- Chili cheese Fritos
- Dice up all your veggies (peppers and green onion) and put them in a large bowl.
- Open and drain the corn and add to the salad.
- Open, drain and rinse your beans and then add to the salad. You will want to make sure to drain as much liquid off the corn and beans before you add it to the peppers.
- Add Mayo to the salad and stir until it has covered the whole salad. (It should be a very light dressing, not a lot, just something to add a little flavor and help the spices (chips) stick to the veggies.)
- Store in fridge until ready to serve.
- If only serving a small group (or think you might have leftovers) serve the chips separate so that they don’t become soggy the next day.
- Combine the chips and the salad and enjoy!!
*This is really great with grilled chicken diced up in the salad. And it can also be made without the Fritos, just add about 1 Tablespoon of taco seasoning to the mayo.