Lake Powell. That’s the first thing I think of when eating a homemade Oreo cookie. It was the first place I ever tried one of these delicious cookies and man they have been one of my favorites since then! We kept them in the freezer and wow that really takes it to the next level!! It is also the first cookie Mr. W and I made together….we were headed on a trip to Lake Powell and so of course we had to make a batch to bring along!
- 2 Devils Food Cake box mixes
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cups canola oil
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2-4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 Tablespoons of milk
- Powdered sugar
- Dump the cake mixes into a large mixing bowl. Add eggs and oil into the bowl. Mix until fully incorporated. (It will be a very stiff dough)
- Scoop in a medium size cookie scoop and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or baking mats.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. You don’t want to over bake these!! The edges should be just firm enough to lift slightly while the middle might look a little underdone.
- Allow to cool on pan and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- For the frosting- mix the cream cheese, milk and powdered sugar until the desired consistency. You don’t want the icing to be runny. Add more milk if too stiff and more sugar if needs to be thicker.
- Frost icing on the underside of the cookie and lay another cookie on top.
- Store in fridge or freezer until ready to serve.
Make 18-24 cookies