This is a MUST BAKE fall dessert/breakfast/snack/eat all day type of recipe!!! I absolutely love it and normally have it memorized because I make it so often! I can remember my mom making it in a special jelly roll pan and whenever I see that pan now I know it’s Apple Square time! These have the perfect consistency of soft and chewy bottom but have a slight sugary crispy top. Pair it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or just have it alone, it will be sure to please all ages!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- (additional sugar/cinnamon for top)
- About 2 TBS sugar/1 TBS cinnamon
- 2 cups chopped apples (I never peel the apples before hand)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs to wet mixture. Mix until combined.
- Add all dry ingredients (except sugar/cinnamon reserved for the topping). Mix with wet ingredients until combined.
- Fold in the apples.
- Spread in a greased 9×13 pan. Push to ensure that the mixture is in all corners. Sprinkle top with sugar/cinnamon mixture. You want a nice coating on top of the mixture but you might not need all of the sugar/cinnamon.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool. Enjoy!!