If I could bake everyday during Fall that would be heaven on earth! It’s just the time of year when it’s starting to get chilly, all the produce is in season and you want to cuddle up!! I love it!!! Growing up my favorite Fall dessert was my moms apple squares. They are DELICIOUS!! So when I saw this cookie and tried it….I about died! It is exactly like those wonderful apple squares but in cookie form!!! I loved it!!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large apple, shredded (or diced finely)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- (For rolling) 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cream butter and sugar for 2 minutes. Add eggs, vanilla and mix again until smooth.
- Add flour, cream of tartar, soda, salt and cinnamon to the wet mixture. Mix until combined.
- Add shredded apple and fold into the batter.
- Scoop dough into 1 tbs sized balls and roll in the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Place on greased or lined cookie sheet. Cook for 11-12 minutes. Makes 2.5 dozen cookies
Original recipe from pipandebby.com
These look yummy. We will definitely have to try these.